Degrees and Certifications:
Being the principal at Halverson Elementary is right where I am supposed to be! Halverson is an amazing school with caring, compassionate, hard working staff that are dedicated to our students and their families. As a special education teacher for Albert Lea Area Schools, I thoroughly enjoyed educating students with special needs but honoring my belief that it is important to be a lifelong learner I was ready to pursue my administrative license and take on new challenges. Moving to an administrative role has allowed me to continue to work with students, while also providing me the opportunity to be an instructional leader working closely with our staff on a daily basis to provide instructional fidelity and integrity.
Keith is my extremely supportive husband and I have two boys, Bryce and Brock. Bryce is in high school; he loves football, working out, hanging out with friends, his job and anything ag related. Brock is in elementary; he loves baseball, Legos, Minecraft, YouTube, drawing, and Marvel. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I love being outdoors, especially golfing and spending time at the lake. I enjoy a good bonfire in the summer and playing cards and games in the winter. We also have a very active dog named Blue.
Experience with Albert Lea Area Schools:
- Lakeview Elementary Special Education Teacher, August 2002 - January 2015
- Area Learning Center Lead Teacher, January 2015 - June 2015
- Area Learning Center Principal, July 2015 - December 2017
- Halverson Elementary Principal, January 2018 - current
Other Education experiences outside of Albert Lea Area Schools:
- First grade teacher
- Preschool teacher
- Bachelor of Science from the University of North Dakota (2000)
- Special Education Licensure from Minnesota State University-Moorhead: SLD/EBD (2002)
- Master of Education from Saint Mary's University (2011)
- K-12 Principal Licensure through Saint Mary's University (2015)