Degrees and Certifications:
Motivating, inspiring, and supporting students, families, and staff is at the essence of being the interim principal at Halverson Elementary. I am beyond excited to be the interim principal at Halverson Elementary. The families of Halverson are fortunate to have such kind, caring, passionate, and devoted teachers and staff that put the students' needs first. The staff at Halverson are fortunate to have families who care so much about their students.
I loved being a classroom teacher from teaching my students ways to master the standards to helping their families succeed. My heart desired more. As a lifelong learner, I went back to school to receive my second master’s so I could pursue my goal of becoming an elementary principal. My goal has become reality and I couldn’t be happier.
My teaching career began back in 2006 in Forest Lake, Mn and in 2013 we moved to Phoenix, Arizona. Due to family circumstances, we fortunately ended up back in Minnesota. I have enjoyed exploring Albert Lea and the neighboring communities. Maisy, my labradoodle, and I enjoy walking around the lake and exploring the state parks. Gardening, baking, kayaking, spending time with friends and family as well as snuggling with my granddaughter, Magnolia, fill my personal time.
I am looking forward to continuing the academic excellence and building relationships as I get to know the students, their families, and the Halverson staff. From being a classroom teacher to Resource Specialist to Dean of Students and now principal I am excited to continue my work with inspiring students and also continuing to support staff as we move forward with educational excellence.
Working together we will succeed.
Experience with Albert Lea Area Schools:
- August 2019 - May 2020 First Grade at Sibley
- August 2020 - May 2021 Distance Learning Academy Teacher
- August 2021 - May 2022 Resource Specialist
- August 2022 - February 2023 Dean of Students at Southwest
- February 2023 - present Interim Principal of Halverson
Other Educational Experiences outside of Albert Lea:
- Kindergarten Teacher
- First Grade Teacher
- Second Grade Teacher
- Third Grade Teacher
- 6th Grade Math Teacher
- Targeted Services Teacher / Coordinator
- 2005 College of Saint Catherine’s - Bachelor of Science - Education
- 2008 Saint Mary’s - Masters of Education
- 2019 Grand Canyon University - Masters of Education in Educational Administration