At times, it may be necessary for a student to take medication during the school day. If a medication must be administered by school personnel, the following conditions must be met:
1. Written authorization by a parent for both prescription and non-prescription medications.
2. Written instructions and authorization from a physician for both prescription and non-prescription medications including dosage, frequency, and duration.
3. All medications, prescription, and non-prescription must be in their original containers. Prescription medication containers should include the physician's name and pharmacy.
4. Medication that is not FDA approved (i.e. homeopathic, vitamins, supplements) will not be administered in school.
5. Students are only allowed to take medication in school when it is administered by health office staff.
Requests for self-administered medications will be dealt with on an individual student basis. Approval will be determined on a case-by-case basis by the school nurse. These students must have the medication authorization form filled out and on file in the health office.