Driver's Education Dates
October 3-14, 2022 | 3:30 pm-6:30 pm | ALHS D200
February 6-17, 2023 | 3:30 pm-6:30 pm | ALHS D200
March 20-31, 2023 | 3:30 pm-6:30 pm | ALHS D200
Early bird registration fee of $325 ends 2 weeks prior to the start date of class. After that, the price increases to $350.
Deadline to register for class is 1 week prior to the start date of class.
PRICE INCREASE: Beginning with the October class early bird registration fee will go up to $335 and ends 2 weeks prior to the start date of class. After that, the price increases to $360.
There may be an opportunity for students to take their permit test on the last day of class. In the event that is possible we will need your student's social security number. You will be asked to provide it upon registration. If testing is unable to be provided the last day of class or your student is not yet 15 years old, students and parents will need to make arrangements to take the written permit test on their own. Testing locations and information can be found HERE.
Register Here for Driver's Education
DPS-DVS IN-PERSON KNOWLEDGE TESTS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
To schedule an appointment:
- Go to drive.mn.gov.
- Select Schedule, Reschedule or Cancel a Road Test or Class D Knowledge Test
- Follow the prompts.
Anyone who cannot keep an appointment should cancel their appointment online at drive.mn.gov with as much notice as possible so that appointment can be opened up for someone else.
Minnesotans will be required to complete a wellness screening before entering the exam station and should come prepared.
- Bring required documents. See here for Standard Identification Requirements
- Know your social security number.
- Bring check, cash or money order to pay the instruction permit fee and the retesting fee, if applicable.
- There is a $10 test fee for third or subsequent knowledge tests after failing the first two.
If you are younger than 18:
- You must be at least 15 years old.
- Bring your certificate of enrollment (blue card) proving that you completed classroom instruction and are signed up for behind-the-wheel instruction, or bring your certificate of enrollment (pink card) proving that you are currently enrolled in a concurrent driver education course and have completed the first 15 classroom hours of the curriculum.
- A parent, court-appointed guardian, county-appointed foster parent or the director of the transitional living program you reside in will need to come with to sign and approve your application.
- If completed, bring the supplemental parental curriculum completion certificate.
BEHIND THE WHEEL
Once your student driver has a valid permit, please call 507-379-5318 to get on a waiting list to start their 6 hours of Behind the Wheel training. We will need their first and last name, date of birth, permit number and the best number to reach you to arrange hours in order to put them on the waitlist.