Driver's Education Dates
October 25 – November 5, 2021 | 4:00 pm-7:00 pm | Online Format
February 28 – March 11, 2022 | 3:30 pm-6:30 pm | Format TBD
March 21 – April 1, 2022 | 3:30 pm-6:30 pm | Format TBD
June 6 – September 24, 2021 | 9:00 am-12:00 pm | Format TBD
Early bird registration fee of $325 ends 2 weeks prior to the start date of class. After that, the price increases to $350.
Deadline to register for class is 1 week prior to the start date of class.
To participate in the online format, the device you will be using for the online class MUST HAVE AUDIO AND VIDEO, or you will not be able to participate in the class.
Upon successful completion of the class, students and parents, will need to make arrangements to take the written permit test on their own. Testing locations and information can be found HERE.
Register Here for Driver's Education
DPS-DVS IN-PERSON KNOWLEDGE TESTS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
To schedule an appointment:
- Go to drive.mn.gov.
- Select Schedule or Reschedule an Exam.
- Follow the prompts.
Anyone who cannot keep an appointment should cancel their appointment online at drive.mn.gov with as much notice as possible so that appointment can be opened up for someone else.
Minnesotans will be required to complete a wellness screening before entering the exam station and should come prepared.
- Wear a face mask (required).
- Bring required documents. See here for Standard Identification Requirements
- Know your social security number.
- Bring check, cash or money order to pay the instruction permit fee and the retesting fee, if applicable.
- There is a $10 test fee for third or subsequent knowledge tests after failing the first two.
If you are younger than 18:
ONLINE KNOWLEDGE TESTINGHow to get help:
- You must be at least 15 years old.
- Bring your certificate of enrollment (blue card) proving that you completed classroom instruction and are signed up for behind-the-wheel instruction, or bring your certificate of enrollment (pink card) proving that you are currently enrolled in a concurrent driver education course and have completed the first 15 classroom hours of the curriculum.
- A parent, court-appointed guardian, county-appointed foster parent or the director of the transitional living program you reside in will need to come with to sign and approve your application.
- If completed, bring the supplemental parental curriculum completion certificate.
- For driver services questions (licenses, ID cards, driver compliance and exams), visit the DVS website and submit your question using the driver services contact forms. You can also call 651-297-3298.
- For vehicle services questions (ownership transfers, titles, liens and vehicle registration) visit the DVS website and submit your question using the vehicle services contact forms. You can also call 651-297-2126.
BEHIND THE WHEEL
We are now scheduling Behind the Wheel sessions with our instructors. New safety policies and procedures are in place for both the student and driving instructor that are required to follow in order to drive. Once your student driver has a valid permit, please call 507-379-5318 to get on a waiting list to start their 6 hours of Behind the Wheel training.