Skip To Main Content

Substitute Teaching

Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute teacher with Albert Lea Area Schools. In order to substitute teach for our district, you must have a current Minnesota Teaching License.

Two-Year, Short-Call Substitute: Available to applicants who have a bachelor's degree, but not in education.
Five-Year, Short-Call Substitute: Available to applicants who have completed a teacher licensure program, but do not wish to apply for a full-time license at this time.
Lifetime Short-Call Substitute: Available to applicants who held an education license and are currently receiving retirement annuities. Applicants who currently have a Minnesota File Folder Number (FFN) will need to use the paper application online titled "Verification of Teacher Retirement for a Lifetime Short-Call Substitute License"
Please click on the downloads below for more information. 

Instructions for Applying for Sub License

Substitute Teacher Pay 2021-2022