Special Education Advisory Council-SEAC
Special Education Advisory Council (SEAC)
The purpose of the Special Education Advisory Council (SEAC) is to:
- Address the unique needs of diverse learners so they can meet their maximum potential.
- Promote respect and inclusion for all students and families.
- Build strong relationships between families, schools, community partners, and district decision makers to influence decisions and policy making.
- Empower and support parents to effectively advocate for children.
We do this by:
- Informing and educating parents, school staff, students and community members through workshops, websites, and printed materials.
- Providing opportunities for parents and caregivers to connect with the schools, community resources and each other.
- Promoting collaboration as a means to improve the education process for all learners.
- Influencing change, policy and procedures through researching needs and advocating for solutions.
If you have a desire to become more involved and/or to be added to a separate Notification system, please contact us:
Kelly Kalis-Special Services Executive Administrative Assistant
Please fill out this Google Form if you are interested in learning more about SEAC/ to join the email list notifications