The hybrid model is an A/B model, where students attend school on-site Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday. On the off-site days, students are educated virtually by their same hybrid teachers.
Start and end times:
Southwest Middle School 9:15am-1:25pm
Albert Lea High School 9:15am-1:15pm
Alternative Learning Center 9:15am-1:15pm
Fridays are virtual learning to allow for deep cleaning of the buildings. The district provides free childcare to children ages 5-12 of Tier One essential workers on Fridays.
We follow the same safety protocols as the elementary schools with the temperature scanning and the screening questions. Masks for all students and staff are required. If a student cannot wear a mask, we will work with the family to develop a solution in the best interests of the child.
Meal Pick-Up Information:
On-Site Students (Monday-Thursday)
- Breakfast and lunch will be served in the cafeteria and eaten either in classrooms or in small groups in the cafeteria.
- Students and staff are still welcome to bring lunches from home.
- In-person students at the elementary will be given meals on Thursday to take home
Off-Site Students (Monday-Thursday)
- Meals will be available for students who are off-site for hybrid and distance learning students. Breakfasts and Lunches will be available from Southwest Middle School (Door 4) and the High School (Door 59) during two times, 8am-9am and 11am-12pm.
- *New* We will be offering take home meals to secondary hybrid students. (Monday for Tuesday, Tuesday for Wednesday, Wednesday for Thursday & Friday, Thursday for Friday.)
All Students (Fridays)
Breakfast and lunch will be available for pick-up from 11am-12pm at:
- Brookside Education Center
- Hawthorne Elementary
- Southwest Middle School
- Albert Lea High School
- Hollandale Reform Church:101 Park Ave E
- Clarks Grove:FBC Clarks Grove, 205 2nd St SE
- Stoney Creek Estates:705 E 18th St, Albert Lea
- Hayward Lutheran Church:200 Main Street
Whatever learning model the family chooses, instruction will continue to be provided based upon the student's Individualized Education Plan.